For those of you who enjoy the Star Wars Universe (and lets face it, who doesn’t?) watch this 10 minute video about Everything is a Remix. This video dovetails nicely with the work of Austin Kleon from Steal Like an Artist fame.
Great piece I finally got around to reading from Ryan Holiday on how Tim Ferriss has become the Oprah of Audio. For those of you who have listened to his podcast from the beginning Timmy has come a long way. Those first few podcast were filled with lots of “umms” and other awkward language. Ferriss has transformed himself into one of the best podcasters around: The Oprah of Audio.
Staying on the podcast tip…while listening to one of Tim Ferriss long form podcast he interviews Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. Probably one of the best interviews I’ve heard all year, super interesting guy with a great voice. Rowe started his new podcast in March: Mike Rowe: The Way I Heard It. He describes the podcast as exploring short mysteries for the curious mind. The episodes are only 5 minutes long, I guarantee you can’t listen to just one.
I’m always looking for podcast recommendations. So let me know what I’m missing in the comments.
I love reading about reading. These are some of the best sites I’ve found for what I’m interested in.
“This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.”-Maya Angelou
- Chase Jarvis, one of the minds behind Creative Live has a new series out this month: 30 Days of Genius (Some Guests include Tim Ferriss, Austin Kleon, Seth Godin, Richard Branson, Mark Cuban, Arianna Huffington, James Altucher, you get the idea). If you have any interest in learning from the best in the world, Creative Live is an amazing resource.
- Watched Prescription Thugs this week. One of the claims in this documentary is that 1 in 10 Americans are on an anti-depressant. It’s as if we are no longer allowed to be sad. Prescription drug abuse is the elephant in the room for America. At the same time dummies in the federal government still wanna talk about how bad marijuana is for you: Rolling Stone “Why America Can’t Quit the Drug War”.
- Tim Ferriss had Chris Sommer from GymnasticBodies on the podcast this week. Interesting out of the box exercises and ideas.
“There is nothing that the busy man is less busy with then living; there is nothing harder to learn.” -Seneca
- 6 different kettlebell deadlift variations: Kettlebell Deadlift.
- I wouldn’t normally recommend a book I haven’t read but Ryan Holiday has a new book coming out June 14th called Ego is the Enemy. Ryan wrote one of my favorite books The Obstacle is the Way.
- Really been digging The New Yorker Presents on Amazon Prime. If you want a documentary series that isn’t a big time commitment.
- Sometimes when you feel someone is talking directly to you: (Seth Godin) Transformation Tourism.
- What I’m reading: The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born, It’s Grown, Wait Till Next Year, The Legends Club
- BONUS: Just discovered Wheeler Walker Jr. The internet is a beautiful place: ***explicit*** Wheel Walker Jr. “Redneck Sh*t” ***