Really been getting into Michael Pollan’s new special on Netflix, Cooked. I’ve been a big fan of his work since Omnivore’s Dilemma. From there his next two books were even better with In Defense of Food and Food Rules. Each book is a little more distilled down than the next. If you were allowed only one book about nutrition Food Rules wouldn’t be a bad place to start.
A few of the 64 Food Rules
- don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food
- avoid food products that make health claims
- avoid food products that contain more than 5 ingredients
- eat mostly plants, especially leaves
- eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself
- eat when your hungry not when you’re bored